I recently got tagged not once but twice to give the answers to eleven questions. The first time it was Diane from Crave Cute who wanted to know 11 things about me, and not long after, I got 11 more questions from Mandy of Chocolate & Cream Cake. Thank you, Ladies, for thinking of me!
So today I will be answering all 22 questions that were put to me and think up 11 of my own that I might ask you... you... or even you! If you are curious about what Diane had to say for herself, you can have a look here, or maybe you'd like to pay Mandy a visit here?
First let me lay down the rules for this gig. There are several versions of these, so I cobbled a set together to my own liking:
1. Post these rules.
2. Post a photo of you.
3. Answer the questions set for you in the original post.
4. Create 11 new questions and tag the somebodies who you would like to answer them.
5. Let them know you've tagged them.
That's rule number one and rule number two done with already, so without further ado I'll move on to the questions:
1. What is your favorite plant or flower and why? I like birch trees. They are ethereal and beautiful and remind me of home. I also like ranunculus. Because it's so purdy!
2. Approximately how many books do you have in your house? Many? I'd say 500+. What can I say. I love books!
3. Do you like to shop better online or at a physical store? In general probably in a physical store, because it just makes a difference to check out the look/feel/sound/fit of your purchase. But I also love eBay and Etsy and if I order books or CDs, I try and order them from independent stores or the musician's website.
4. Are you the kind of person that likes to make lists or do you just wing it? I'm loving answering this list of questions A LOT! I am also fond of questionnaires, shopping lists, packing lists and to-do lists and I go crazy for ticking things off on all of them. So yes, I'm a list girl through and through.
5. If you have a pet, do you let it sleep on your bed? Of course. I have two cats. They are cute, warm, furry and they purr. I'd be mad not to let them sleep with me!
6. Do you prefer to cook or would you rather order in, or pick up something prepared at the store? Cook in general, but I also love going to restaurants and trying out convenience foods. All food has its place and time.
7. Do you have a favorite Holiday? Christmas!
8. Do you like traditional or modern art and furnishings? Again, I could not really say. I love art when it appeals to me in some way emotionally. I like Italian renaissance paintings, Dutch still-lifes and photography through the ages. Some well-known artists I like are Botticelli, Rodin, Klimt, Stephen Shore, Emily Carr, Arnold Böcklin and Henri Rousseau. For furniture, I love the early 20th century, especially the designs form the 50s and 60s. But IKEA is always a good place to shop for well-designed contemporary furniture and I would definitely not turn my nose up at antiques. I'd say my taste in these areas is pretty eclectic.
9. Who is your favorite artist or musician? I've been a Pearl Jam fan through the ages.
10. Do you remember what your favorite childhood book was? It was the Nesthäkchen series, which followed a girl growing up in early 20th century Berlin, through the first world war, finding friends and falling in love and eventually starting her own family. I read all 10 volumes several times.
11. What was the best piece of advice you ever received? Be kind to yourself.
1. Do you have a favorite pair of shoes? What are they? No, I have in fact several pairs of shoes I love. First, my Converse. The epitome of cool and comfort. Second, my hiking boots. Because when they come out there's adventure in the air. Third, my slouchy brown boots that I have unsuccessfully tried to wear to death. They just keep on going and complete my default wardrobe of dress and leggings. Fourth, my beautiful tapestry heels. That I still have not worn.
2. If you could be a family member of a fictional family, which one would you choose? I'd love to be Lorelai Gilmore's second daughter!
3. Which sense (sight, taste, touch, smell, hearing) would you be most OK with losing? Losing a sense? No thank you! None of the above! Although, thinking about it, I'd like to lose the sense of doom that I always feel hanging over things.
4. What's your favorite color? Has it always been your favorite? Teal. It used to be red for a long time. I actually love red and teal together.
5. If you could travel in time—forward or backward—to "when" would you go? The States in the 50s. And I've been wanting to do that even before Mad Men made the 50s cool again.
6. Who do you envy? People who seem effortlessly happy and content. I'm struggling to get to that place, but can't seem to figure out how.
7. Would you rather be a cyborg or a mutant? Mutant. I'd probably manage to break my own technology if I was a cyborg. (Hang on. Is Wolverine still a mutant or did he become a cyborg when they injected him with adamantium???)
8. What's your favorite candy? Milk chocolate with whole nuts.
9. Do you prefer cold weather or warm weather? I prefer real weather. By that I mean that I want to be cold in winter and warm in summer and have seasons that are pronounced and different. But I think I'm most fond of fall and winter, so I guess the answer would be 'cold'.
10. Would you rather travel through space (a la Star Trek) or the oceans (a la Seaquest: DSV)? Oceans! I love diving and swimming and the mystery of the deep sea. Space is a bit scary to me.
11. What's your favorite number? The one that I dial for Thai food?
Okaaaayyyy. Now you know a lot more about me than you knew an hour ago when you started reading this post.... Are you still with me? Here are my 11 questions:
1. What or who would you like to be reincarnated as?
2. What is your favourite crap TV series?
3. Which country is your absolute dream travel destination?
4. Do you have a nickname?
5. Are you a morning person or a night owl?
6. The Cookie Monster. Marry, snog, avoid?
7. If you had created Earth, what would it be like?
8. What's your favourite food?
9. What's your favourite song?
10. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
11. Would you rather read Fantasy or Science Fiction?
So, there we go. I'm just gonna put these out there. If you feel like participating, please do answer my questions and let me know! I'd love to get to know everybody better, but I must say that I'm particularly interested in how Jess, Fiona, Laura, Shelly, Helena, Sydney, Vicky, Jessi, Reese, Candace and Amy would reply. Consider yourselves tagged, girls, but don't consider this a must-do!
P.S.: Sonia, I really wanted to tag you too! Heck, I'll just do it anyway, who says you have to have a blog to play?!